Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Wanajuice is a worldwide flavour manufacturing firm, with over 6 locations dotted all over this great country Nigeria. Our menu has expanded to include not only Smoothies but Fresh-Squeezed Juices also.
Wana Juice, a production company requires the services of qualified candidates to fill this position:
- The objective of this position is to process and reconcile accounting documents such as invoices, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
- Assist the Finance and Budget Officer in preparing timely quarterly, mid-year and annual financial statements and reports for submission to the Steering Committee;
- Operate the financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable book keeping entries;
- Review monthly utilization of budgetary resources for the implementation of the annual work programs and provide reports on monthly variance as compared to the approved budget;
- Work closely with the Secretariat and the Working Groups to prudently manage overheads while also exploring areas for savings;
- Document and maintain up-to-date and accurate data on all accounting transactions;
- Build the capacity of the Working Groups to understand and effectively use accounting policies, standards and guidelines;
- Process the monthly payments to consultants, short term staff and other service providers;
- Liaise with the office of the Financial Controller of the host institution for guidance in preparing appropriate documents and reports for the annual audit by the external auditors.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience;
- Ability to analyze and prepare financial reports, statements and forecasts;
- Strong analytical ability, and capacity to multi-task and work under pressure in order to meet competing deadlines;
- Integrity, initiative, credibility, diligence and attention to detail in managing work, recording transactions and preparing reports and financial statements;
- Sensitive, tactful, flexible, trustworthy, and demonstrates respect for confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across functional units within the host institution, and with internal clients and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent skills in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.