Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting.
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The Accountant is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- The Accountant will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm's Executive Director and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- OND Accounting
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- one to two years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Elite Enterprise, J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel
- Applicant residing at Ikeja will be given an advantage
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!