Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
The Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
The Accountant will also be responsible for maintaining personnel leave files that inform payroll.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Continuous management and support of budget and fore cast activities.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of expenses.
- Coordinate closely with other service providers on the renewal of their contracts, agreements and on obtaining their invoices.
- Track and file personnel leave records both manually and electronically and maintain their tracking spreadsheets accurately and verify staffs monthly timesheets.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Director of Finance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related Field
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting
- Demonstrated experience in administration and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs especially Excel
- Desired experience working with USAID funded programs