Accountant, Financial Operations
Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Accountant, Financial Operations
- The Financial Operations Accountant will serve as the operational custodian of the company's budget providing all inputs required for the preparation of the company's budgets and financial modelling process.
- He/She will also create a system of credible financial intelligence for the organization, managing relevant relationships in a manner that would be beneficial to the organization; collaborating actively with all relevant parties, internal and external, to ensure the most effective and efficient way of running the company's operations (Cost-wise and otherwise).
- Ensure that all transactions have been processed fully and in correct application of all relevant laws, standard and regulations (e.g. Capitalization Policy, Intellectual Property Recognition, Time-Sheet Management, Provisions, Cost Allocation and Apportionment, Taxes, Contractual Terms, etc.).
- Ensure that all relevant Policies, Processes and Procedures relating to Operations and Procurement and duly complied with across the organization (3 Quotes, Tender, Transfer Pricing, Payment Terms etc.).
- Ensure that all procurements are as budgeted and with the right level of approvals required
- Ensure that the right commitment process is complied with for all procurement (Budget-PR-PO)
- Carry out all relevant reviews, analysis, interpretation and dimensioning of financial date to generate relevant insights and information for management
- Prepares the required operational report (Payables, Receivables, Accruals, etc.) periodic and ad-hoc
- Keeps track of all company's projected Revenue and Inflow and flags any deviation as soon as they occur
- Run a very controlled Accruals and Payable System that feeds the Cash-Flow Management System, such that the company is always on top of its cash requirements at all times
- Interface with Suppliers and Vendors to ensure that the Process of Ordering, Invoice Collection, Payment and Notification of Payment is efficient, smooth, seamless and painless
- Set up and maintain a Supplier Quality Assurance System that ensures that the company only deals with registered, verified and proven Vendors and Suppliers.
- Track the performance of each supplier/contractor to ensure that only performing ones are retained
- Ensure that all processing and processes required for a successful monthly month-end closure is done correctly and in a timely manner
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Banking and/or Finance or related discipline from any reputable institution.
- Accounting/Finance related certifications ACCA, ICAN, CFA, CPA.
- 5-7 years of general ledger accounting related experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements.
- ERP experience (SAP, Oracle or other) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a conglomerate or group setting; private equity or venture capital and in 1 or more of FinTech, financial services, payments or technology industries is an advantage.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!