Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Abuja, Nigeria
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) is a five year (2009 - 2014) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that aims to increase the use of modern family planning (FP) methods among the urban poor in the six cities of Abuja FCT, Ibadan, Kaduna, Ilorin, Benin City, and Zaria by at least 20 percentage points. NURHI is part of a broader Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (other sites include India, Kenya, and Senegal).
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) Phase 2, seeks applications from qualified individuals to contribute to improved maternal health and reduced child mortality through increased modem contraceptive use in selected sites for the Phase 2 Project in Nigeria:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
The NURHI AHQ office Finance Assistant, under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager with technical guidance from the Finance and Administrative Director, is responsible for financial administration supports for the NURHI project Finance Unit at the AHQ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
View Full details and apply through Ngcareers go to https://ngcareers.com/g/60481
- Maintain the role of preparing payments; ensure proper authorization for payments; distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Review purchase orders/requests, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the
- NURHI Financial retirements as may be required;
- Respond to field-based staff requests for information, documents or assistance promptly as relates to the
- Project, including assisting on banking transaction for the Finance Unit;
- Maintain organized files/records on all the Finance Unit documentation, reports, and documents;
- Format, edit, photocopy and disseminate documents as may be required in the Unit;
- Assist with office management logistics and compliance with project policies, and purchasing and procurement protocols, including bids and analysis;
- Assist the Finance Unit on logistics of procurements bids and verification as may be required;
- Assist in Maintaining and updating equipment log;
- Assist the NIJRHI technical staff with preparation and logistics for meetings, seminars, workshops and other events as may be required;
- Provide logistics supports for workshop disbursements including account reconciliation with hotels on facilities provided.
- Ensure timely photocopying of reports and courier to home office to complement financial reports;
- Acts as primary back-up to Finance staff in QB posting and processing of monthly reports, including advances liquidation/retirements; and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Apply to this job and send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!