Indian forum: Culture - Indian men wearing rings - Spiritual or Marital?
Share this topic
31 Mar 2016 04:59

I'm not aware that Indians have the concept of wedding rings in the western sense. Yes, rings are made/ gifted during marriages. But they are just ornaments, not "wedding rings", as far as I know. They are not mandatorily worn to signify marriage. I'd be glad to be corrected. Rings worn by men are most likely to be for astrological reasons, and may adorn all possible fingers. These are not necessarily acquired at marriage.
Indian friends please post your opinions here. Kya anguthi pahanane ka matalab shadishuda hona hai?

Edited by Amit786 / 31 Mar 2016 05:08
31 Mar 2016 11:06

I'am not sure but i was remember i ask my friend Indian from Mangalore (kamath)aside from wedding ring ... most of the Indian guy worn a ring in their left hand because of their beliefs = SPIRITUAL BELIEFS

Edited by _HANNAH_ / 31 Mar 2016 11:06
31 Mar 2016 11:09

Quote by _HANNAH_
I'am not sure but i was remember i ask my friend Indian from Mangalore (kamath)aside from wedding ring ... most of the Indian guy worn a ring in their left hand because of their beliefs = SPIRITUAL BELIEFS

thank you for posting your honest opinion here rose (hugs)

31 Mar 2016 11:15
Post is hidden!
31 Mar 2016 17:23

Yes, some people wear rings but depend on which part of his finger he place

If a man has ring on his wedding finger means he is taken , so same with the woman

31 Mar 2016 17:29

Quote by SHEKINAHGLORY23
Yes, some people wear rings but depend on which part of his finger he place

If a man has ring on his wedding finger means he is taken , so same with the woman :lol

about indian culture bout rings u dont know a bit

31 Mar 2016 17:31

even children buy rings wear it in any finger it fits