Indian forum: Other - Is it ok to change yourself to please people?
Share this topic
28 Jan 2016 03:45

Is it ok to change yourself to please others? Who doesn’t want to be liked and accepted by their peers? I understand why you try to please others, but if you’re bending over backwards in a Herculean effort to make every single person happy, you need to knock it off. People-pleasingis an exhausting (and dishonest) activity that is stressing you out.

Edited by Amit786 / 28 Jan 2016 03:46
28 Jan 2016 16:54

28 Jan 2016 16:55

Maybe?

28 Jan 2016 17:30

hmm in some ways yes...we can change ourselves for good, not just to please other people but to make yourself a better person ..if you arent doing wrong why to change for that reason only?? if people loves and likes you then they should accept you for what you are.changing yourself for others pleasure i think in a way is not fair to both of you and those people because it will just show a fake you...pretentions..and not real.be what you are as long as you arent doing bad to other people and as long as you arent hurting people.

Edited by cr33pyface / 28 Jan 2016 17:31
28 Jan 2016 17:53

Quote by cr33pyface
hmm in some ways yes...we can change ourselves for good, not just to please other people but to make yourself a better person ..if you arent doing wrong why to change for that reason only?? if people loves and likes you then they should accept you for what you are.changing yourself for others pleasure i think in a way is not fair to both of you and those people because it will just show a fake you...pretentions..and not real.be what you are as long as you arent doing bad to other people and as long as you arent hurting people.

absolutely right angel

29 Jan 2016 00:47

Quote by cr33pyface

If we try to change our love life might suffer, too. We give and give to our partner, but feel unappreciated or unimportant and that and our needs and desires aren’t considered. We may begin to feel bored, joyless, or mildly depressed. We may miss earlier times when we were happier or more independent. The anger, resentment, hurt, and conflict we always tried to avoid continue to grow. Being alone might appear to be a welcome escape from these challenges, but then we’d end up sacrificing our connection to others, which is what we truly want. Sometimes, it seems like we have to choose between sacrificing ourselves or sacrificing a relationship.

29 Jan 2016 04:36

Quote by cr33pyface

29 Jan 2016 12:53

yes... you should change yourself

1 Feb 2016 08:12

Change always should be done... From born you always keep changing... Even this world too changing always... So sometime you have to change for adjust with friends family... If you say that you will never change for anyone... Than you never can't get a happy life... Because after get married you need a big change... After children born you need a big change... And you have to make those change yourself... Because you also never know who is real you than how other can know who is real you... But an ideal mom know his childrens more than children know them... And my mom ideal mom