Ghana forum: Health - Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
Share this topic
7 Aug 2014 10:24

Ebola virus was first known as hemorrhagic fever till now that it is called ebola virus disease
Ebola is caused by the five genus ebola virus. Each can affect humans however only Bundibugyo ebola, Zaire ebola, and sudan ebola causes diseases and deaths. The current out break is caused by the zaire ebola virus. The first ebola happened in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo and in Nzara, Sudan in the year 1976. Share your ideas about Ebola disease friends

7 Aug 2014 22:36

how can i prevent this virus .

8 Aug 2014 00:59

How can we prevent this virus

8 Aug 2014 04:39

What should i do to aviod it.

8 Aug 2014 14:31

little piece of advice.
1. Get an alcohol rub to use in places where you can't get water and soap to clean your hands when you greet people.
2. Don't greet somebody and then u go and touch your phone. after holding your phone, you wash your hands. that's bad. rather wash your hands after greeting before u touch anything else.
3. Try as much as possible not to get in contact with other people's bodily fluids with your bare hands. use gloves when getting in contract with bodily fluids. more later

8 Aug 2014 15:08

Quote by fredieguy
little piece of advice.
1. Get an alcohol rub to use in places where you can't get water and soap to clean your hands when you greet people.
2. Don't greet somebody and then u go and touch your phone. after holding your phone, you wash your hands. that's bad. rather wash your hands after greeting before u touch anything else.
3. Try as much as possible not to get in contact with other people's bodily fluids with your bare hands. use gloves when getting in contract with bodily fluids. more later

thanx for your tips friend

8 Aug 2014 17:15

Ebola is causex or spread through close contact with the blood organs secretions or other bodily fluids of infected animals like chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bat, monkeys, dogs, pigs, forest antelopes and porcupines found in the rainforest either ill or dead. Ebola can also be contracted at burial ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person.

8 Aug 2014 17:36

Symptoms of ebola disease is as follows: * Arthritis * low backache *chills *diarrhoea * fatique *fever *headache *nausea * sore throat vomiting LATE SYMPTOMS ARE AS FOLLOWS: Bleeding from eyes,ears, nose, mouth and rectum. There is also swelling of the eyes, genitals and rashes all over the body. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness. There is no treatment for ebola disease now so we are to be cautious not to be infected because is deadly than the disease aids and even tuberculosis. For precautions I think our brother Fredieguy has helped us so we should always wash our hand properly with soap and dettol

8 Aug 2014 17:42

i've heard that if you didnt bath twice a day you can get Ebola virus disease(EVD) is it true @ dwoods

Edited by Owususamuel / 8 Aug 2014 17:44
8 Aug 2014 18:06

Quote by Owususamuel
:hm i've heard that if you didnt bath twice a day you can get Ebola virus disease(EVD) is it true @ dwoods

bathing is good for the body, it makes us smart and fresh always. I cant say much of your question frind but what i can say is we are humans and we sweat alot so is very important to bath twice in a day no matter how tired we are after the days work or from our travel distances. Thank you

8 Aug 2014 20:22

is by bathing with salty water

9 Aug 2014 16:21

From a page that I joined on Facebook and they give tips on health and others,I learnt that the salt water solution that ppl are speculating that it can cure ebola is untrue and so is cola also.Currently in Nigeria the price of cola has gone up but it being used as an antidote for this disease is not true.

10 Aug 2014 00:31

Quote by McKeli-Light
From a page that I joined on Facebook and they give tips on health and others,I learnt that the salt water solution that ppl are speculating that it can cure ebola is untrue and so is cola also.Currently in Nigeria the price of cola has gone up but it being used as an antidote for this disease is not true.

thnx for sharing your ideas with us friend

10 Aug 2014 00:38

God allmighty should prevent Ghanaian's from getting this EBOLA VIRUS. AMEEEN.

10 Aug 2014 12:12

Quote by dwoodsdawn
Ebola virus was first known as hemorrhagic fever till now that it is called ebola virus disease
Ebola is caused by the five genus ebola virus. Each can affect humans however only Bundibugyo ebola, Zaire ebola, and sudan ebola causes diseases and deaths. The current out break is caused by the zaire ebola virus. The first ebola happened in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo and in Nzara, Sudan in the year 1976. Share your ideas about Ebola disease friends

10 Aug 2014 17:32

How is it transmitted

10 Aug 2014 21:15

Quote by samicodeanointing
How is it transmitted

friend,pls you should read through all what has being said about ebola virus in other to get how it is transmitted, since i have answered it transmissions and it symptoms involved. Thank you

10 Aug 2014 22:02

Thank you all for your ideas and advices we realy appreciate it. Thank you once again.

11 Aug 2014 08:24

I pray that, Allah protect Ghanaians and the entire world from this deadly ebola virus.Amen

11 Aug 2014 12:52

COOKING BUSHMEAT WITH SALTY WATER CAN HELP AVERT E.V.D. AS SOME ONE SUGGEST THAT THE VIRUS CAN'T STAND EXCESS HEAT (TEMPERATURE )